- Feminism’s not to blame for violent femme infatuation
- Celebrating 25 Years of women, management and work conferences as we look at “Past and Future Leadership Challenges”
- Cinderella will go to the ball next year...
- Best Western introduces its second Best Western Premier hotel from Perth, Western Australia
- Depression linked to almost doubled stroke risk in middle-aged women
Ads by Get Media
Calendar of Events
- Living, Working and Networking in Melbourne
- 10.06.2012 - 10.06.2012
- The Bar, Level 1, The Rendezvous Hotel - Melbourne
You may have been living in Melbourne for a week, a month, a year or even a decade.
But have you made the most of your new life in your new location?
Have you found new friends?
Have you got the job you want or the job for now?
Do you know what networks you can join?
How do you find great places to go to and fabulous people to come with you?
Join us at this event where you will learn:
- Six Best Settlement Strategies
- Culture Shock - what is it and how to recognise the symptoms
- Australian culture - understanding the basics
- Job hunting - ways to find the work you want (despite your international background)
- Information sources - the most reliable options
- Finding the networks you need
This informative event has been designed to help you learn more about living, working and networking in Melbourne and give you an opportunity to meet other people in the same situation.
You may like to bring your own business or personal card to share with other people you meet or a small notepad and pen if you are given information from others that you would like to keep.
We can host up to 30 guests, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
This event is designed for
People who have moved to Melbourne, from the country, interstate or overseas.
This includes expatriates, migrants, international students, Australian repatriates, people on work assignment etc.
People looking for work in Melbourne with international experience.
People wanting to network with international arrivals.
Whatever your story, you will be welcome at our events.
Host: Sue Ellson, Founder and Director of Newcomers Network - 0402 243 271
Transport: See the Metlink Melbourne website for public transport details. The venue is closest to Flinders Street Railway Station. The nearest trams travel along Flinders or Elizabeth Street.
Cost: FREE EVENT - Reserve your space now!
Refreshments Please have your own refreshments either before the event or perhaps afterwards with some of the other guests (pay for your own).
On arrival You will be given a name tag and can start networking with the other guests.
- The Bar, Level 1, The Rendezvous Hotel
- 328 Flinders Street