Women in Super was first established in 1994 as an unincorporated not for profit association by the Conference of Major superannuation Funds to provide a forum for, and enhance the opportunities of, women employed in the superannuation and financial services industry.
Women in Super is now a national association with over 1,000 members. Each participating State has a management committee representing each of the major sectors within the superannuation industry.
Women In Super promotes charitable activities and established the Mothers Day Classic Fun Run in 1997. It is now the only Pink Diamond partner of the National Breast Cancer Foundation through its support of the Mothers Day Classic.
Women in Super has five prime objectives:
* Provide education, training and support to women in the superannuation industry (including in business, professional and personal matters) and provide them with opportunities to develop broader business, professional and personal networks;
* Provide education to the community generally, particularly women, to increase their knowledge of superannuation and participation in superannuation;
* To support and encourage the appointment of women on superannuation fund Trustee Boards;
* Investigate and voice the superannuation needs of women in the community and the industry to Government and politicians, those developing products and services to members of superannuation funds, to unions, employer organisations, trustees, the regulators, business community, others of influence, and the community generally; and
* To conduct the Mothers Day Classic.
Phone: 03 8677 3847
Fax: 03 8677 3801